By Lex Li
This page shows you how to troubleshoot common problems.
Troubleshooting #SNMP related issues require basic knowledge of the following
- Computer networking (TCP/IP)
- UDP and SNMP specific
- .NET and C#
The steps below can often help determine what might be the cause of an error.
- Does this problem reproducible? If it is reproducible, move on.
- Do other libraries behave the same? Please test with Net-SNMP which is also open source. If not, move on.
- Does the latest build in the repository work? If not, move on.
- Is this a known issue? If not, move on.
- Prepare an error report (with all information you can think of that is related) and extra information.
- SNMP packets related: please provide network packet captures if possible following How to Capture Network Packets .
- .NET exceptions: please provide stack trace information.
When the cause cannot be determined at this stage, open a bug report with the log file or packet capture attached following “Reporting a Bug” section in :doc:/contribute/github .
Use Wireshark you can capture network traffic and analyze the packets.
network capture can contain confidential information. Before sharing it with others, make sure you strip out such critical data.
System.Net tracing is another useful way to log network traffic.
tracing log can contain confidential information. Before sharing it with others, make sure you strip out such critical data.